Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cuzins Visit Gypsy

     Gosh...I didn't know what was going on, but I knew it was something really special.  Vannie and Dave were mopping, shining, and dusting my insides.  I was shinin' like a new penny from top to bottom.  Of course, that didn't take them very long.  I'm no bigger than a knat on a Junebug...as houses go.  They hardly broke a sweat.
     I finally overheard Vannie talking on the phone.  She hung up and said that Cuzins Joe and Emmilee Green were coming for a visit.  They were in town to see their son John's Girls Basketball team play Lafayette High.  They wanted to come by and see Gypsy and then maybe they could all go out to eat afterwards.  Joe and Emmilee are from Harrisonburg, but lived in Lafayette several years ago while Joe was working at UL. 
     I was bustin' at my seams...I was so proud.   They wanted to see little ole me!  I knew I would be a hit.  What's not to love!
    David even pulled out my awning.  It hasn't been out in weeks.  The weather has been so rotten.  When Vannie got home from school, she could see me smilin' all the way down East Broussard Road.  She just loves that awning.  It's like adding another room.
    Well, Joe amd Emmilee arrived and loved me at first sight.  They inspected all of me and I overheard them say as they drove out of sight...."Wow, that Gypsy is something else.  V and D sure did a bang up good job on her." 

    I'm feeling real special right now!  Thanks for makin' my day, Joe and Emmilee.

No comments:

Post a Comment