Wednesday, March 27, 2013

HOMELESS NO MORE

North Texas Airstream Community
Hillsboro, TX
 
It's a gated community.
 
A Home!!! I've arrived!
 
This is my special lot.  It has gravel on it.  Some have grass, but V and D
decided on the gravel, because there will be no upkeep.
 
Dave is hooking me up.  I am going to be staying here for a couple of
weeks while D and V go to their timeshare in Red River, NM.
 
This is one of the streets in my new home.  The medal buildings are
built on some of the lots.  They are like condos.  There is a covered area
for their Airstream.
 
 
Two of my new friends.
 
This is one of my new friends that lives "under cover."
 

Homeless No More!!  That's right folks.  I have a permanent home...not that I am going to there much for the next several years, but when I do need to lay low for several days or weeks or months...I've got a place.  Vannie and Dave have been looking at this area since last Thanksgiving.  It is a gated retirement community.  There are certain regulations that are in place. 
1.  Everyone has to own an Airstream.
2.  Everyone has to be at least 45 years old.  V and D barely passed this one...yeah, right!
3.  Everyone has to be a member in good standing to WBCCI (Wally Byam Caravan Club International)
NTAC has a variety of options.  Available options include... lots only, villas on a lot (These are metal buildings...one or two stories...that are like condos), regular brick homes on a lot.  All have accommodations for an Airstream.
We just have the lot right now, but who knows what the future will bring.
 
It just feels awesome...a real place that I can call my home!
And the good news is that it is....
...1 hour from Dallas, TX
...2 hours from Austin, TX
...4 hours from Houston, TX
...6 hours from Bernice/Farmerville, LA
...7 hours from Lafayette, LA
...12 hours from Red River, NM
(some of V and D's fave places)

 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. David & Vanette--LOVE YOUR BLOG--I am putting a link to it on mine-increases your readers! I especially like the 3rd person-Trailer Monologue! After I get to Fort Worth-permanently at the end of May---I would LOVE to stop and have lunch with you guys on my way to Austin to visit my boys there. Enjoy Red River! SO GLAD you contacted me, David--will always have a special place in my heart for the Harris'es!

    ReplyDelete