Friday, February 14, 2014

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY 2014

February 14, 2014...It is a beautiful day in Austin, Tx.  Blue skies, 80 degrees, sun shining...love in the air.  Well, I don't know if it is love, or just that everyone is so darn glad that it is not snowing or sleeting or 29 degrees or schools have been called off.  Smiles are everywhere you look.  People are laughing, sitting on their patios waving at passers-by, riding bikes...They are hoping that the cold is OVER.  I am, too.

Vannie and Dave have been enjoying the grandkids and helping with some home renovations at Emilie's house.  We'll be here in Austin till March 2.

 
Gypsy's Valentine's Poem to You
 
I was sitting in Spot 27 at the Lone Star RV
Just thinking about all my friends and me...
 
I knew it was Valentine's Day
And I was seeing the kids at play...
 
Then on a tree limb up above
I spotted a beautiful turtle dove...
 
All at once...my heart was filled with LOVE!
 
Happy Valentine's Day from Gypsy and her family
 
(Corny, but... oh well...)
Sweet Madeline

McDonald's...always a good choice for grandparents

When you can't get to the bathtub because of renovations...the sink is a good plan B.

The Zoo...another winner for grandparents

Petting Zoo...Vincent was really warming up to that goat.

Which foot does that Elmo shoe go on?  I don't think either one of them knew.

Vannie made these camo pants for Vincent.

...and the Camo skit for Madeline.


...banana bread...Yummy!

Dave helping with the renovations.

That guitar plays music, and Madeline LOVES it.

Valentine Lunch at BEETS Café in Austin.
Pizza Rustica
A sprouted sunflower seed, hemp crust generously topped with seasoned almond nut cheese, zesty tomato sauce, marinated mushrooms, sweet pepper, crispy onions, olives, fresh tomato, basil, spices, and crystal salt, served with a petite Caesar Salad.
(Vannie didn't know whether to eat it or smoke it...LOL! She said it was delicious.)

Raw Reuben
Sunflower flatbread layered with 1000 island dressing, kraut, marinated portabella mushrooms, caramelized onions, and Swiss cashew cheese, served with beets salad and veggie chips.
(This was Dave's choice.  He said it was divine!)
 
Looks and sounds a little weird to me...but whatever floats your boat!

2 comments:

  1. Especially love the spa in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vannie, trying to find you. Blake and I are in Scott/Lafayette . are you coming back before March 10? Would love to buy you lunch. Call my cell 651-470-1445.

    ReplyDelete