Thursday, October 22, 2015

SCALES

By:
Gypsy Rhapsody
 
SCALES...
 
To a lawyer... its all about justice.
 
To a fat person.. oops, overweight...oops, big boned...it's all about pounds.
 
 
To a musician...it's all about do, re, mi.
 
All of the "scales" entered into my mind on an adventure to get me registered in Texas.


 
Since Vannie and Dave adopted me, I have been registered in Louisiana



...and it is still hard for me to say I am a Texan...but it's true.  V and D have Texas driver's license and a Texas address, so it was past time for me to become a Texas, too. 
 
It started out as a great morning.  Not a cloud in the sky...the birds were singing...and I was excited about being hitched up to my BFF (Ford 150) to go on this mini journey.  I was trying very hard  to be excited about becoming a Texan, too.
 
We headed over the I35 bridge by Love's Truck Stop...
down past Golden Chicken (smelled yummy)...
up around the courthouse square...
and on down to Hillsboro Radiator to be inspected.
 
The guys at the Hillsboro Radiator were so nice. 
They were so gentle during the inspection process...
no tickling, or pinching, or poking...and I passed with flying colors.

 
Dave and Vannie had to take the inspection papers to the courthouse to complete the final registration process.  There was no place for us to park around the courthouse with my "big self", so Dave went down to the First Methodist Church and parked in their parking lot.  Vannie and I had a little girl time while Dave walked back to the courthouse to finish up.  In just about 15 minutes we saw him coming back.  He had that look that things were not right.  Something was amiss.  When he got back into the truck, he said, "Well, Ole Girl, we've got to go get you weighed."  Vannie said,"What? Weighed!!! Where is there a scale big enough to weigh Gypsy?...and Why?"  Dave explained that the lady at the courthouse said to complete the registration, they had to have the official weight of the airstream.
  
 
I don't EVER remember getting weighed.  I hear Vannie talking about it all the time.  She is a Weight Watcher's member from way back
 
 

 
...so she is always weighing herself, weighing food, and going to meetings.  Now, I was getting nervous. 
 
 
We headed to Love's Truck Stop.  It is always so busy there.  BIG trucks everywhere...coming in and out...getting gas...weighing.   I was kicking and screaming as we were going to Love's.  I didn't want to be weighed.  It was going to be embarrassing.  Vannie said she was sure it would be private...it always was at Weight Watchers.  But this was a much bigger deal than Weight Watchers...to me.
Vannie said, "It's all the same, Gypsy."
 
OK...we got to Love's and Dave carefully drove around the back where the BIG scales were located. 
 
 
 Dave pulled me up on the scales.  The directions said that there would be a printout inside with all the information.  Whew!  No neon sign...No loud speaker.!  I just knew it was going to be broadcast on the loudspeaker..."FAT OVERWEIGHT AIRSTEAM ON THE SCALES".  I think I am going to ask Vannie to write a letter to Love's, and tell them what a nice "weigh-in" experience I had.
 
 
 
And, guess what...I was within my goal weight.  Vannie and Dave were so proud of me.  I guess I've stuck to my plan and stayed within my points (Weight Watcher term). 
So, I am not overweight as all...I'm just right...

 
I'm singing praises to the top of my lungs.
Thank you, Jesus and Hallelujah.!!!
 
Sure wish I could go eat a hot fudge sundae.!!!
Where's the justice in all this?

 
 


2 comments:

  1. You are an official Texan now Gypsy. Welcome!!! Points, scales....."forgit about it." Read with a Brooklyn accent. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me started on getting licensed in TX! Funny & great post!

    ReplyDelete