Tuesday, March 6, 2018

DR. SEUSS DOES AUSTIN

By
Minuet in G
(a 1979 Argosy made by Airstream that loves Dr. Seuss and Austin)

OK, Folks...
V and D and myself are back in Austin 
for a 2 month gig...
having fun with Maddie and Vincent
and all things Austin.

March 2 was  Dr. Seuss' birthday...
just in case you haven't heard.!!!
and I'm a poet...
Bet you are thinking..."That's absurd."


Look at Me
Look at Me
And you will see...
The Cat Lost his hat.
What do you think of "that" incredible "that"?


Oh Baby
Oh Baby
Amy and Ryan are parents-to-be
Of Bennett the baby...
And he is a he.!!!


Yellow Fish
Red Rish
Blue Fish...all 3
Flying over the store named HEB...


There's fun to be "haddie"
With Emilie and Maddie...

Thing 1 and Thing 2
were dancin' all day
and never wanted to go away.




Popplty-Poo and Vincenty Goo
A couple of sillies
And crazies, too.

You will like them...You will see..
You will like them in tree.

The Lorax
It's on his shoulder.
It's in his hair,
but, thank goodness,
it's not a bear...



Swingin' and Swayin'
Loopin' and Loppin'
This kid is never
gonna be stoppin'.


Would you?
Could you?
Make some soup...




Yes, I would...
Yes, I could...
Make some soup.

Eat it...Eat it
Right now and then.
No, not now
or ever again.


Vannie and Emilie...
helping at school.
#1 is here...
#1 is near...

Is it here?
Is it near?
I see it so clear...


A light?
So bright.!

An overhead projector
You've seen it before.
They used it this day
even though it's a dinosaur.


A light?
So bright?

Maddie's very still.
Not moving a muscle,
and that's a big deal,
Without even a tussle.!


So many shadows
So many faces...
Kids
and more kids,
and more, and some more

Would you? Could you? On the wall?
Would you? Could you? In the hall?


Maddie stands out
Over all the rest.
I know you don't believe me.
Well, this is a test.


Cindy-Lou-Who
Among the neighborhood crew.
Strong girls Rule
and that's really so cool.!




I'm no poet
but I don't know it...

My brain is not at it's best...
So nighty night...
I need a rest.

Too much thinking
 and not enough winking.

I think you should know...
That's it's time to go...

HELP...I can't stop...
IF you think this is ridiculous...
Remember it was written by a trailer. 

2 comments:

  1. Please record a video of David "Rap Rap Rap" covering this diddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An idea so great
      Gi-me a break.!!!!

      “Let’s do it”, I said.
      Dave said, “I’d rather be dead.”
      Lol lol lol 😂

      Delete