Tuesday, April 30, 2013

WE ARE BACK TOGETHER AGAIN

V and D's Cousin Kathryn at her home in Creststone, CO
 
Royal Gorge Bridge...Vannie was right...looks like I can see China at the bottom of that thing.

Wedding of long lost relatives at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs...
This is the bride and her dad.


V and D with Cousin, Diana, Mother of the Bride

Festival Crew...Vincent, Ashley, Cooper, Emilie

 

Coop

Vincent

V and D with Sarah and Tom from MA
 
Hallelujah!  We are back together again.  I was really getting lonely, so when I saw Vannie and Dave round the corner off of I35 into Hillsboro, I was ecstatic.  I was singing to the top of my lungs...if I had any.  Guess I was pretending.  Anyway, they were happy to see me, too.

Just a little update since I last blogged...(I know I've been quite lately...just too busy to put the words on the page)
...V and D had a sleepover with cousins, Kathryn and Jay Brady, in Creststone, CO.  I have written about  them before.  Remember...Kathryn is a principal of Creststone Charter School.  V and D had
a great time catching up with their news and sharing what has been going on with them.
...Next day they headed to Colorado Springs, CO for a wedding of some more cousins.  On the way they visited the Royal Gorge Bridge.  Vannie said it was really hard for her to look down...and when she did, she was expecting to see China, because it was so deep.  LOL
...On to the wedding...David's cousin, Diana Channell Chenevert, was the mother of the bride.  Her daughter was getting married at the Air Force Academy Chapel.  V and D said that the wedding was beautiful...the bride, the chapel, Diana...so much fun to catch up with relatives they had not seen in 25 years.
...Next stop...Hillsboro and Me!!!! Nuf said about that.  I've still got a great big smile on my face!
...Then...on to Farmerville, LA.  It felt so good to be hooked up to my BFF (truck) again.  He is so strong and mighty.  Pulling me is one of his best jobs!  We stayed overnight at the Lincoln Parish Park.  V and D unhooked me and headed up to Farmerville to see Pearl, Dave's mom.  She is doing great to be 94 years old.  Still at home.  Hope I can hang in there like that!
...Lafayette and Festival International de Louisiane 2013...V and D pulled me into my fave spot in Lafayette...Marilyn and Jay Keef's,  They are members of the Acadiana Airstream Association and are so sweet to let me park right beside their house.  You might remember when we were here in January, there was a bunch of rain...and a lot of flooding.  There is always rain in Lafayette, but I think we are cool this time.  Marilyn and Jay have put some extra gravel in the driveway, and the parish has cleaned out the ditches.  Everything looks great!  V and D have some friends that they met at the Balloon Festival in Albuquerque that are in town for the International Festival, so they are enjoying catching up with them.  Their names are Sarah and Tom, and they are from MA. 
...Cooper (#1 grandson) has already come for a sleepover.  He got to watch all his favorite movies...Gnomeo and Juliet, Elf, and Sound of Music
...Emilie (V and D's daughter) and Vincent (#2 grandson) arrived in town from Austin, TX yesterday.

Got to go....We'll talk later...


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Cooper and Vincent look a lot a like. Look forward to seeing you guys soon. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome catching up with you at Hub City Diner. Looking forward to our next outing.

      Delete
  2. Happy Teacher Appreciation Week, Mrs. Harris! I wish I had your e-mail address so I could send you a longer note. I just wanted to let you know that during my first year as a teacher, as I receive all these hugs and cookies and little notes of gratitude during my first Teacher Appreciation Week, I can't help but think of those special teachers who planted the seeds of this passion (and COMpassion) in me. Thank you for being one of them!

    Love,
    Emily Byers

    P.S. I got to help one of my senior English students with her senior project called "Searching for Shakespeare" – on the Bard's influence on music and movies over the last several decades... You would have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...Emily, thanks for those sweet words. I did have the most wonderful teaching job around...and I loved every minute. So proud to hear about the "Shakespeare" experience. The Bard lives on!

      Delete