Monday, November 18, 2013

POETRY READINGS AT CARPE DIEM IN LAFAYETTE, LA

Is that Dave?  And who is that lady?
 
The Poet...Carol Rice

Vannie and a "theatre" friend, Bob Sidman

Carol doing her thing!
 
Wow...V and D are getting into the culture scene in Lafayette.  These pictures popped up today on my email.  Wish I could have been there.  I love poetry...Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, I love rolling down the road, with my big load...toad...woad...boad...foad...Oh, gosh, maybe I should keep my day job!  LOL
 
Dear Gypsy,
I wish you could have heard Carol read her poem about cats.  You know how you love cats.  Remember the cat, Tinker, in New Mexico.  He was always hanging around you. 
...And while we were at the Reading, our friend from Lafayette Community Theatre walked in.  Several years ago Bob Sidman played Dave's brother in the play, Shadow Lands.  Awesome play!  This was when Dave and I did our community theatre run.
Oh, and did I mention...the poetry readings were at Carpe Diem, a Gelato ice cream shop.  Need I say more...YUM! 
 
Hold down the fort in Hillsboro,
Love,
Vannie

No comments:

Post a Comment