Thursday, January 21, 2016

DEAR MICKEY MOUSE...

By
Gypsy Rhapsody


Austin, Texas
Lone Star RV on I35
Our favorite spot...the people here are so nice and helpful.
They want the best for all their renters.

I'm looking pretty happy here, but I am secretly a little bummed.
Vannie and Dave headed out to Disneyland...yes, the one in Califormia...
with daughter, Emilie, and her family during the MLK weekend.
I know...I know...just not room for me on the plane.
I totally understand, but I do want to share with you my personal
letter to the one and only...Mickey Mouse.

Dear Mickey Mouse,
My family has just returned from a wonderful trip to your California home, Disneyland.
They have not stopped talking about their adventure..and just so you know, I am a little bummed about not getting to go...
As you can see, Mickey...V and D brought along "Flat Gypsy" to try to make me happy.

...but when I saw all the smiles in these pictures..
.I can truly say that Disney is "The Happiest Place on Earth"...what a motto.!!!
  Smiles on the faces of the workers, the visitors, the characters, everyone...smiles, smiles smiles.  Vannie said it would seem like all those smiles would get boring...but nope...it just made everyone want to smile more.


Even the ferris wheel was smiling...

Mickey, you picked a perfect place to build this park.
The palm trees were magnificent.

...and the gardens...my goodness, Vannie said there was not a petal out of place.


...and you created a theme park that is out-of-this-world.

Around every corner was another adventure

...or parade...Dave said it was unbelievable.


.
 You can't see the smile on Maddie's face...
but we all know it is there.

It's A Bug's Life...and V and D were buggin' around.

Mickey, I wish you could have been on this ride with them.
Maddie and Emilie were heading for T-Pop.

 ...and he wasn't paying them any attention.


You outdid yourself, Mickey, on this tree house.
Everyone was wiggling and falling down and laughing.
Dave said that Roy and Vincent climbed it 3 times.

You would have thought Vincent was a professional rock climber.

Vincent outdid his dad by a mile.
You can tell by this picture...I don't think Roy was focused.


Stopped for a quick Starbucks...Thanks, Mickey, was placing those on just the right corners...just when they needed a coffee or a cake pop.

Super heros


I know who thought this breakfast idea up...Minnie.
You can tell her that everyone was raving about it...
...and the food was delicious.!!!!

Vannie was loving all the characters.
She said that this guy looked like someone she knew from high school.

Mickey, you are going to have to give Tigger a raise.
Vincent was a little scared of all the characters...but Tigger
came to the rescue.  He knew just what to do to make Vincent
feel comfortable...and it worked.
Please give Tigger a huge "Thank You."

Chewbacca...Can I just say V and D said this big old guy was delightful.
He was hugging everybody.  He made his funny noises, but they were noises of love.

Mickey, you put in just the right amount of "carnival"games.
...and the prizes...not bad...everyone came away happy.

Can you believe this, Mickey..!!!
T-Pop doing a photo-bomb.

\
So glad you didn't forget one of the best rides of all times...
The merry-go-round.!!!

Just when we thought we had everyone through the gate...Where's Maddie???
...and while I am talking about the gate...Vannie said the security was awesome.
She always felt very safe.  Good job.!!!

Up, up, and away...

My cousin...If I had only known...she might could have got me in the gate.


The magical wonder...

The look of awe...

The smiles...

Mickey...it seems your dreams make kids happy...
and make old folks become kids again.

Thank you from my family...


The party's over, and they had a blast.!!!

Love,
Gypsy Rhapsody

ps...Mickey, we when got home, Dave decorated me with pins and ribbons from the lanyards you gave them.  Now, I can enjoy the magic, too.






1 comment: