Monday, April 4, 2016

FLORIDA ADVENTURE...POST 12

By
Gypsy Rhapsody
(A Vintage Airstream (1977) named Gypsy Rhapsody.  She loves to tell tall tales about the adventures of her owners, Vannie and Dave.)



One of my admirers sent this to me.
Now, isn't that adorable???



My Tall Tale begins with my hero, Dave.
Here he is in all his glory wearing his new Hawaii shirt. 
Dave was the smarted man in the whole state of Florida.
Everyone knew Dave and
loved to tell and retell stories of his amazing feats.

Dave worked and worked on my problem
of "too low butt".
He dug deep and solved the problem.

Look at my shiny new butt.
I have the best butt for miles around.

The problem was solved and
the people in the state of Florida
now have a story to tell about 
the amazing DAVE.

Of course, Vannie wanted to get in on the story, too.
She painted hours to make me more beautiful.

Look at the results. 
Those blue stripes are bluer than ever.

Vannie, also, knew that super Dave needed 
nourishment...and what was one of his favorite foods.
Banana Bread... 

Dave said, "After working on Gypsy's butt,
a good cup of coffee and some warm banana bread is 
just what the doctor ordered.

Vannie said, "I need a walk."
Too much work...
I can walk faster than any person in this park.
I can walk faster than any person in the state of Florida.
So she started out...
She met my BFF...the sandhill crane. 
He was walking very fast, too.

Then, he decided he wanted to play Bocce Ball.
I had heard he was the best Bocce Ball player for miles around.
Amazing how those skinny little legs and feet could push that
ball to just the right spot.
If you believe me, I have this fabulous bridge
to sell in London.  Really.!!! 

Like I told you...
Floridians came from far and wide 
to meet Dave and Vannie  
This is Mary Ann and Ron from Melbourne.


These are Texans.
They, also, came from far and wide 
to meet Dave and Vannie.
This is Cousin Janet and her friend, Pat.
OMG...The more the merrier.

WHAT????
A Disco Ball
How does that fit into this tall tale?
Well, Super Dave and Vannie worked soooo
hard on me...a little recreation was in order.
A DANCE with A DISCO BALL..
now, this tale is getting taller and taller.

Hey...this is not Vannie.
What happened to her???
Well, the story goes, that she took 
a bathroom break, and
Super Dave dances with the
first woman that comes along,
which just happens to be their dance teacher.
I can't take anymore.

This tall tale could go on and on,
but,...
PLEASE STOP...

Fill free to share this story with
your kids, your grandkids,
some weirdos, some goof balls,
or whoever needs a good laugh.

V and D are headed to the Keys tomorrow.
Sunshine RV Campground with
180 other Airstreams for
the Florida Airstream Rally.
Louisana Friends and Texas Friends
are going to be there.


Laissez le bon temps rouler








1 comment: