Friday, April 22, 2016

FROM PALM TREES TO PALMETTOS

By
Gypsy Rhapsody
(Just an old 1977 Airstream rolling around the country with her owners, Vannie and Dave)

Vannie and Dave left the palm trees of Florida behind
and embraced the palmettos of South Louisiana.
There is no place better to do this than in
Palmetto Island State Park in Perry, LA...
just south of Abbeville, LA.

I have written about this magical place once before.
So relaxing...a perfect place to 
pick up a 10 year old grandson and camp.

Palmetto means "Little Palm".
It is definitely in the palm tree family.
They are all out in the woods at this park.

So much fun to be back in my "roots"...

Here's The Boy...
Cooper Harris...V and D's oldest grandson... 

Our SPOT...
Vannie soon had the hamburgers cooking on the grill...

I think we can all agree Cooper is enjoying his burger.

Looks like T-Pop is trying to keep up...
just give it up, T-Pop

The weekend was filled with riding...

...and riding...

...and more riding...
So many places to explore.

OK, folks, this is the infamous red iris...
Supposedly not many of these around...in fact...
this is one of the few places you can find this little jewel.

Just another pretty iris out in the swamp...

Game Time
I was killing myself laughing...
Cooper was trying to teach Vannie how to play a video game.
If I could talk, I would have told Cooper...give it up...it ain't gonna happen.!
I have to give him a gold star.  He didn't give up...
and she finally kinda sorta got it. 

Oh my goodness...nothing like a good game of Yahtzee...
except when The Boy keeps adjusting the dice to his liking.

I love it when it starts getting late and my people
move inside.  Cozy...!!!

Dave enjoyed watching Cars II as much as Cooper.
I think Mater is Dave's favorite character.
Actually, it is mine, too...I can really relate to that old truck.

Ahhhh...Breakfast cooked on the grill...
The smell of bacon and eggs was making me wish I was human.

The Boy likes his served in bed.
...and what do his grandparents say..."S u r e"

Louisiana state parks have FREE washers and dryers.
No coin operated ones, here.
Soooo....Cooper's riding the basket of clothes 
down to the laundry for T-Pop. 
T-Pop said, "Hey, it's free, folks...gotta wash."

Weekends over...
Heading to our spot in downtown Youngsville, LA.
We have stayed there before.  One of our Airstream buddies
is sweet enough to let us stay on their property.
We'll be parked there until about the middle of May.

Good-bye, Palmetto Island State Park...
Until next time.

3 comments: