Sunday, February 16, 2020

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

By
Gypsy Rhapsody
(a 1977 Airstream that is delighted to be back in the groove)

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Love is in the air, every sight and every sound...

...and every smell.
It was a cold and rainy day, and Vannie got in the mood
to make her mom's sugar cookies.
Some with red hots, some with snow caps, and some with gel painted hearts.

This is the recipe that Vannie's mom wrote out for her.
Rougon was a friend from Dubach, LA, so we always
called them Rougon's Sugar Cookies...
but after LOTS of bakings, they became Mama Madge's Sugar Cookies.
Vannie added the temp and minutes that the cookies need in me (Gypsy).
FYI...I have a microwave/convection oven.
You can tell by the condition of the recipe card,
many cookies have been baked.

After mixing all the ingredients together,
Vannie formed the dough into large marble size balls.

She flatten the balls with her fingers.

...and baked them in my oven.
The smell was hypnotizing. 

Love is in the air, in the whisper of the tree
Love is in the air, in the thunder of the sea
And I don't know if I'm just dreaming
Don't know if I feel safe
But it's something that I must believe in
And it's there when you call out my name

Dave was believing...Big Time.!!!
Those cookies called his name multiply times.!!!

Vannie and Dave heading to Austin for the actual Valentine's Day.
Seeing the grandkids meant
Love was REALLY in the air.!!!

Vincent (10 years old)


Maddie (7 years old)
Maddie's friend, Audra, was over to get in the action.

I hope "Love was in the air" at your house.
It's a sweet sweet smell.

"Love is in the Air"
is a song from the 70's.
Several have YouTube videos...
John Paul Young
Air Supply
Tom Jones.

It was written by George Young and Harry Vanda.


4 comments: