Thursday, June 9, 2011

My first guests, GIFTS

Vanette is a member of a group of ladies called GIFTS.  It's a spiritual group that focuses on supporting one another in their journey towards a closer walk with God.  I was tickled pink when they showed up to visit me late one afternoon.  The house was packed.  It felt so warm and cuddly.  There were eight ladies plus Dave.  Vanette had not told the ladies where they were going...just that it was an adventure and they would just have to trust and follow.  They were bowled over when they saw me.  I was so excited I almost started dancing.  The air was humming with activity, and I was the star!!!  "Mama told me there would be days like this!"

David had prepared a dessert...raw carrot cake.  Yes, you heard me right...RAW carrot cake.
D and V are in another special group that just eat "raw" food prepared in very special ways.  This is not meat...just nuts, fruit, veggies.  Healthy, I guess...anyway the ladies loved it.  They had a champagne toast after the dessert.  Vannie's friend, Nancy, had brought her a small bottle of holy water from Lourdes, so another friend, Madalyn, said a awesome prayer and anointed me with the holy water.  WOW...COOL...AWESOME!
"I'm in Heaven"!  You will have to excuse me...sometimes, I just have to break out in song!

No comments:

Post a Comment