Friday, January 11, 2013

An "Air-ark" Adventure

Can you see me?  Yep, that's me on the right.  I'm on my little island.

The driveway that I came in on is under the water...That old building is on Bourque Road.


 
Out my front door 
 
right
 
                                                                                left

Blub...Blub...Blub...Splat...Splat...Crash...Crash...Boom...Boom...Splash...Splash..Drip..Drip
All these sounds...over and over again.  I felt like I needed floaties or a swim tube.  Just something to keep me afloat.  Thank goodness, I did not need either, but it was close..I mean, too close.

One night Vannie came home after having dinner with a friend, and she could not get up the driveway.  I think she heard me shouting to her..."No, No, don't try it...too much water."  I heard Dave talking to her on the phone.  He said, "Just go spend the night with a friend."  Crazy!

This has been quite an experience...very different from dry New Mexico.  I thought I was going to start to mold.

We had some sunshine today, so we are heading to Austin tomorrow.  Probably will stop in Houston tomorrow night and on into Austin on Sunday.  I'm a little nervous about heading out.  The driveway has some really muddy spots, and, as you know, I'm not a tiny little thing.  I really don't want to get stuck in the mud. Keep your fingers crossed for me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment