Friday, February 1, 2013

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME

all a boy needs...sand and bricks

ready to race
 
the show begins
 
Miss Madeline just taking everything in.  The quilt was made by Vannie's niece, Susan Heard Honeycutt.  Susan passed away several years ago, so this is a treasured item...perfect for Madeline.
 
Well, what do you think I am talking about?  You have probably guessed by now, if you have looked at the pictures.  Yes...it's a sandbox.  Vannie and Dave's Austin grandson, Vincent, LOVES all things with wheels...monster trucks, hot wheels, construction vehicles, etc. So when we set up housekeeping at the Lone Star RV, we knew that at some point we would have to have a sandbox for Vincent.  He lines his cars or trucks up in a variety of patterns...all just so...never random. 

Of course, I loved the whole procedure.
....watching Dave, Emilie, and Vincent head out to Home depot for the sand and bricks.
....seeing them return and, together, create the sandbox
....watching Vincent enjoy the heck out of it.
....just having Vincent, Emilie, and Madeline sitting' around enjoying me and the beautiful day.

The whole thing kind of makes me want to wiggle my "toes" in some sand.  I think V and D are taking me to the beach in June.  Can't wait!

Ah-h-h-h-h

No comments:

Post a Comment