Friday, May 9, 2014

WRITER'S BLOCK

By
Gypsy Rhapsody
 
I've had it...I've got it...I don't want it...I'm trying to get over it!!!
What can I say, I've had "Writer's Block" for a month.  Just couldn't seem to sit down at the computer and tell you about what's going on.  So, today, I just have to get over it and move on.
 
 
Being in Lafayette during the springtime is the best!  Everything is so pretty and green.  The flowers are blooming...the fish are jumping...and the cotton is high.  Wait, I think that is a song.  I haven't seen cotton is years, and don't think it comes out in the spring in Lafayette.  OK...I need to get back on track.  I haven't done this in so long...I'm goofy!
 
Since my last blog entry, the following things have happened...
  • We were parked at Marilyn and Jay Keef's near Milton for about a week.  Had 2 more Airstreams beside me.  I was sitting pretty!
  • Sleepover with Cooper...Always fun...Always a surprise

  • Moved to corner of Church and Second Streets in Youngsville at Kathy and Howard Matt's property. Kath and Howard, as well as Marilyn and Jay, are in our Airstream club.  Members are always ready to offer a helping hand. 


  • David, Son Ashley, Grandson Cooper went on a weeklong camping trip to Big Bend, TX.  They had a blast hiking, tent camping (Dave slept in the truck), cooking out, and exploring.


  • Vannie stayed with me...Girls-time
  •  
  • Easter...Vannie enjoyed church, lunch with friends, dyed egg...Great to day celebrating "He is Risen"!



  • Festival International in downtown Lafayette...music, food, arts and crafts, friends
 
 

  • Vannie got a subbing job in Lafayette and St. Martinville.  She left at the wee hours in the morning and came home tired but smiling.  Teaching in the blood!
(Did she take this picture while she was driving?)

  • Saw lots of old friends in the area...and I think V and D ate and ate and ate.  They kept complaining about their clothes getting too tight.
Oysters Rockefeller
 
  • V and D made a trip to Farmerville during one weekend to have a sweet visit with Dave's Mom, Pearl.  It was an early Mother's Day visit. V didn't take a single picture.  Slipping!

  • Cooper's Birthday celebration...and I was one of the party participates. Present, Cupcakes, candles (9), Balloon, Card...He loved it all.



Now...the party is over...and we are off to New Mexico.  V and D actually have jobs in Red River, and they are ready to get the show on the road!  New Adventure in the Making!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment