Sunday, October 16, 2016

HOODOOS OF BRYCE CANYON

By
Gypsy Rhapsody
(a 1977 Airstream that is still getting greased up in Albuquerque)

Albuquerque is a wonderful place,
and I love it.  I've been greased in places
that I didn't even know existed.

The latest text from Vannie
was from the hoodoos in Bryce Canyon.
Bryce National Park is in southern Utah.

Vannie's Text...
"Do do that "hoodoo" that you do so well"
Sorry, Gypsy, just had to sing a line from that
old Frank Sinatra song..."You Do Something to Me".
Dave has been breaking into song almost daily
since we have been in Bryce Canyon.

Hoodoos are spire-shaped rock formations.
The Paiute Indians said they were "Legend People"
that had been turned into stone.

Dave and I were mesmerized by the formations.
Just like another line in Frank's song...
"Let me live 'neath your spell"

We explored all the different overlooks.
Here is Jan and Chester at Sunset Point.

Me at Sunrise Point

Inspiration Point

Byrce Point

The weather was beautiful.
Just a little nippy.

We stared at the hoodoos for hours,
and made up our own stories about
the various formations.

Hike the Hoodoos...
Sure...that sounded like loads of fun.


So....Off we started at about 7:15 in the morning.
...at the top...

Beautiful Sunrise


On the way down, my knees decided I needed a break.


Seeing the hoodoos from the bottom up was fascinating. 


We peeked around the corner and spotted this unique site.
It was called 2 bridges.

Dave didn't tell me about this sign until we got back up to the top.


Look closely, Gypsy...Dave is on the trail at the bottom right.
It helps with the perspective of the size of these things. 

A little chilly...still had on my earmuffs.


The trail actually went through this tiny opening.
Tight squeeze...

Not many people on the trail...
You can see another couple about in the middle of this picture.
Part of the trail is on the bottom left.


Finished...Yay!!!
We started at 7:15 am and finished at 8:45 am.
I think we hiked at least 10 miles.
Someone got this sign wrong.

Sing it, Dave...
"You do something to me
Something that simply mystifies me
Tell me why should it be
You have the power to hypnotize me?

Let me live 'neath your spell
Do do that "hoodoo" that you do so well
'Cause you do something to me
That nobody else could do."




2 comments:

  1. Love these pictures and stories. You guys are the best. Can't wait for a big momma hug when I see yall for Thanksgiving. Keep on truckin. Love yall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures and stories. You guys are the best. Can't wait for a big momma hug when I see yall for Thanksgiving. Keep on truckin. Love yall.

    ReplyDelete