Wednesday, October 5, 2016

I WISH I COULD FLY

By
Gypsy Rhapsody
(a 1977 Airstream that dreamed she could fly)

I dreamed I could fly
Out in the blue
Over this town
Following you
Over the trees 
Subways and cars
I'd try to find out
Who you really are...
Lyrics by "Roxette"

Yep, that's right..."I had a dream."
It was so real...I was hanging from a balloon
and flying higher and higher.

The 45th Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta
WBCCI National Rally
"Where Dreams Take Flight"

Someone is watching over us...
Do you recognize the little blue Argosy on the left?
Sarah and Howard Bourque
They were the ones from New Iberia that visited us in Questa, NM.

You can see why I keeping having these recurring dreams.

so many friends...so little time.

This restaurant catered a real Mexican meal for all the Airstreamer's the first night.
Vannie and Dave said it was delish.!!! 

Looks delish, to me.

Early morning Dawn Patrol
These guys always went up first just to double check the weather, wind speed, etc.

The Sandia Mountains protect Albuquerque from all things evil.
Here they are standing guard for the Balloon Fiesta.

...and when that National Anthem is played...
...and that balloon flies with the American flag...
...everyone stands in awe and reverence...
"Proud to be an American"   

Then the fun begins...
The sky is  just beginning to lighten up.
The ground crew has done their jobs.
The balloonists have done their jobs.
Time to lift off.

It's happening...

It takes a village and beyond to get one of these balloons off the ground.

Banana Fana Fo Fana...
Fee Fi Fo Fana...
Banana

Luke:  I can't believe it.
Yoda:  That is why you fail.
"I believe, Yoda, I believe."

OK...I was really surprised to see this balloon.
You know Wells Forgo hasn't been on top of things lately.

Nothing like a pink dragon...

...or Blu and Petro from the movie, Rio

...or this beautiful butterfly

...or the NM flag

...or this weirdo

...or this BIG dog

or Smokey...

Oh No...the doggie had to take a leak.
Landed in the back parking log right after lift off...




V and D with their friend, Sarah...
I think Vannie gave Dave a "goose".


After all the balloons lifted off around 9:00, 
Vannie, Dave, Sarah, and Howard decided to do the tram.
Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway


After getting to the top of the Sandia Mountain...10,378 feet,
they decided to do the ski lift on the other side of the mountain.

Good choice...beautiful aspens dotted the route.

Coming back down the mountain.

Next day...Vannie and Dave loved the car show on the balloon grounds.

Some really cool cars...

There's that dog again.
Looks like he is flying high today.

I start quivering when why get this close.
Such an upper.!!!!

Now, where are they?
Oh yes...hiking...

The Bosque...a gallery forest found along a stream...
The stream being the Rio Grande right through the middle of Albuquerque...

Vannie loved seeing these ladies sitting around painting.

It's time...
Vannie and Dave are leaving me for 2 weeks at the Holiday Travel RV in Albuquerque for
some TLC.  I've been to this place before, and I loved it, so I'm not too sad.
I kind of wish they had cameras where V and D could watch me while they are gone.
Vannie and Dave are sleeping over at their friend's house before leaving
for Phoenix, AZ.

The Range Restaurant
Benalillo, NM
Vannie, Dave, Loretta, Judy, and Helen
Vannie said the food was fabulous, especially while eating it with friends.

Vannie and Dave woke up to more balloons
flying over Loretta's house.

My dream of flying didn't come true...this time...
but what a great week at the
Albuquerque 45th Balloon Fiesta.

Dave and Vannie are meeting up with friends, Jan and Chester
in Phoenix, AZ...They will be do Sodona, AZ, Grand Canyon,
Brice, Zion, and Los Vegas.  I'm sure they will be texting me
about their adventures. 






1 comment: