Saturday, August 24, 2013

BEHIND THE CLUBHOUSE


Dave... his cousin and wife...Benny & Regina Adams...Vannie

Me behind the clubhouse...How cool is that!!!

Dave sitting at the Sonic...Downtown Bernice

Newest member of the Family...Benjamin Brown...Vannie's Great Niece's Son

Dave and his mom, Pearl

Looky here...Folks visiting me...Amy and John Pesnell and their friend, Kathy.
Amy is Vannie's niece.

V and D's son, daughter-in-law, and grandson
Ashley, Diane, Cooper
 
Vannie and her Aunt Robbie Green
 
Front page of the Bernice Banner
Quack...Quack


Yep!  For you Bernice Folks…for five days I was hooked up behind the infamous Bernice Clubhouse (official name Oakhurst Civic Clubhouse).  It was built by the CCC in 1938 and still is going strong.  There were about five RV spaces there, but we were alone during our stay.  Vannie said that she has fond memories of all sorts of activities in the clubhouse when she was going up.

The talk-of-the-town, while we were there, was that Bernice had officially been recognized as the birthplace of Willie Robertson.  “Who?”,  I said.  Probably most of you know who I am talking about…Yes…Star of Duck Dynasty.  He had made an appearance about a week before we arrived.  Shucks…I would have liked to have met him…and I know he would have loved to have met me!

I reunited with some old relatives of V and D’s, and I met some news one, too.  For those of you that we didn’t get to see, we’ll be back in December for a longer stay.  So if we didn’t get to see you this time…hold on tight…we’ll catch you next time.

Next stop…Hillsboro, Texas…North Texas Airstream Community!  I have a lot of old buddies there.  Can’t wait to see their shiny selves!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment