Tuesday, August 27, 2013

THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON ME

You know...there's Texas, and then there's Texas...This is almost too much Texas!

The spires of Baylor University in Waco, TX

That's Dave...Relax is his middle name!

 
Dave and Grandson, Vincent

Vannie and Granddaughter, Madeline
 
Fresh Rhubarb Pie...Rhubarb brought back from Minnesota
Vannie was taking this to the pot-luck supper, and Dave said he needed to make sure it wasn't poison!
 
 
As you can see, we are back in the great state of Texas....North Texas Airstream Community...Hillsboro, Tx.  We really love it here.  Everyone is so friendly and helpful.  I especially love having all the other airstreams surrounding me.  It just tickles my fancy!!!
 
One of the first things Vannie did, after we got settled in, was to create one of her "Art Abandonment" pieces.  I think I told you about this special Facebook group.  Members create pieces of art and abandon them....always with a little note explaining the process.  Vannie decided to go totally Texas with the abandonment...Texas shoes.  While she and Dave were eating at a Denny's in Waco, she decided to abandon her shoes on the sidewalk right in front of the restaurant.  Vannie told me that she saw two older ladies at a booth in the restaurant.  She believes that one of them was probably a history teacher and is going to loves these shoes.  Sometimes I wonder about Vannie.  She makes stories up about these shoes and then just leaves them places.  Whatever floats your boat...I guess!  Baylor University was right around the corner from Denny's, so V and D enjoyed driving through the campus.  They said is was beautiful.
 
Dave has been getting in some serious relaxing.  He has also gotten several spruce-ups done on me.  I did need a little attention in several places.  Even through Dave loves to relax, he does love a good project, too.  I seem to always have plenty to keep him as busy as he wants to be.
 
Vannie and Dave had to take a quick over-nighter to Austin to see their daughter, Emilie, and her family.  They came back with all kinds of good news...Madeline's walking, Vincent is starting pre-school, Roy got to go to the Saint's game in San Antonio, and Emilie is driving a red
Mercedes.  I said...MERCEDES!  Vannie said, "Yes, Gypsy, it's not brand new, but it is still very nice."  I can't wait to see it.  I think a little red Mercedes sitting beside me would look really smart!
 
There was a pot-luck supper here at the park tonight.  Vannie made a fresh rhubarb pie.  The rhubarb was given to her by her friend, Darlene Ashley, in Minnesota.  Vannie didn't bring a bite of it home after the supper.  When she was baking it,  the smell was breath-taking.  I was really wishing I was a wee bit human, so I could sneak a bite.
 
Vannie and Dave are off to Colorado tomorrow.  They are going to be house-sitting for Vannie's cousin, Kathryn.  I'm staying here in Hillsboro.  I really don't mind a bit.  Being on the road for three months has taken it's toll on this ole gal.  I need more than five days to get myself back in shape.  They will be emailing, calling, or Facebooking, so I can still keep you posted as to what's going on.
 
Goodnight, Friends
 
 

1 comment:

  1. DRAT--until the last paragraph I was thinking I am going to Austin this weekend--maybe we can have lunch! Next time--enjoy Colorado and the WONDERFUL cooler temps!

    ReplyDelete