Tuesday, March 11, 2014

COOPER...CARAVAN...CAJUN COUNTRY

Oh, my goodness..so excited....heading out of Bernice (way up in the top of Louisiana) going south to the Atchafalaya Basin (way at the bottom of the state)....Cajun Country Caravan and Cooper (V and D's grandson).  When we pull onto I10, my silver skin starts to fill wet and clammy.  I know I'm home.  The ride down was uneventful....Dubach, Ruston, Jonesboro, Winnfield, Dry Prong, Pineville, Alexandria (all along Hwy. 167)...scooted onto I49 in Alex and in no time flat we were in Lafayette.  Vannie pulled me up on I10 and we headed east...pulled off at Butte La Rose and stopped at the Frenchman's Wilderness Campground way back in the swamp.  I love this place...first of all because there were 24 other Airstreams there just hanging around waiting for me to arrive.  Well, actually they were not just waiting for me, but they sure were glad to see me. We found our spot...unhooked the truck...and V and D headed to Lafayette to have dinner with Son Ashley, Daughter-in-law Diane, and Grandson Cooper.  They hadn't seen them since January, so lots to talk about.  Great Visit. 

Next day Vannie and Dave had several errands to run, and I rested my big self all day.  Felt really good!  You know when you are this big, you gotta get your beauty rest after a long ride. Later in the afternoon, all the Airstreamers had a meet and greet. Our trusty leaders are Larry and Judy Boudreaux from Thibodaux.  Good homegrown Cajuns!  They told us about all the various activities.  There were people from all over the USA... Texas, Nevada, Virginia, Missouri, New York, Kentucky, Washington, Georgia, Colorado, Tennessee, Iowa, Florida, Arkansas, Ohio, North Carolina, Indiana, Massachusetts, and Louisiana. I enjoyed getting to know their Airstreams, too.  There were big ones, small ones, old ones, new ones...and we were all silver with big red numbers.  Just felt good...really good!

Gumbo was served (oh, the smells)...Cajun Dancing (2-step, waltz, and jig) was taught (sounds of the fiddle and accordion).  V and D had to come home to me by the light of the moon and the sound of the frogs and crickets. There's going to be some good sleepin' tonight.  Wait...I think I already hear them....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...


Leaving Bernice...this is the side of city hall...had to stop and pay our rent
 
Walmart in Winnfield...stopped to eat at the Burger King
 
Cooper is helping Dave put on his new license plate frame.  Look how that boy has grown.
 
Camellia Blossoms down the street from Cooper's house...so pretty
 
Hi, Dave...Our spot at Frenchman's Wilderness
 
Yum...Gumbo and Potato Salad...
 
Wish you could hear the sounds from this picture...crickets, frogs, a small bird, and other stuff that I didn't know what it was...and really didn't want to know...kind of spooky!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment