Sunday, June 1, 2014

AMIGOS, COMIDA, DIVERSION, EN NUEVO MEXICO

Buenos dias, Amigos. Como estas?  Estoy bien. 
I know... I know....you hang around these folks out here long enough, you start talking like them.
There is supposed to be some of those little accent marks over some of the o's and a's, but I can't quite figure that out.  You get the point, though.
It's been a good week. Vannie and Dave have figured out the formula of balancing work and play.  My mama always said that all work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy. Things are looking up!


One day after work, V and D headed out to where the Rio Grande River meets the Red River.  Dave told me there were some camping spots available in the area.  I'm sure it is nice, but I'm set in my ways, and I don't want to move.
 
 
Caribel Condos...V and D do agree that it's a pretty good place to work for the summer.
 
Group Hug...Me, Dave, Jennings and Cindy Hamilton
The Hamilton's live in Bloomsfield, NM.

Pretty funny...Dave's trying to find Cabresto Lake.

Ahhhhh...there it is! It is bordered on 3 sides by the Sangre de Christo Mountains. Vannie said that there is lots of fishing, hiking, camping, and hunting.
 
V and D got a day off, so they headed to Santa Fe with Texas friends, Robert and Cheryl Hollenshead.
 
Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi
Built between 1869-1886 mostly from contributions from
local Jewish merchants.
Interesting!

The altar screen has St. Francis in the middle, surrounded by the saints of the new world. 
Wow! I surprise myself with these facts. Just means I am a good listener when V and D are talking about their adventures.

Looky here... Vannie's old friend, Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
1st North American Indian to be beatified and then canonized in Oct. 2012
She was of the Algonquian/Mohawk tribes.
V and D first met her at the Isleta Pueblo, then again in St. Martinville, LA, and now in Santa Fe.
I think a special bonding is happening here.
 
 
Cristo Rey Catholic Church
Founded 1939
largest single adobe construction in the U.S.A.
 Parishioners helped make over 100,000 adobe bricks to speed along the construction.


Cool Fish sculpture in Santa Fe

Rock, Paper, Scissors

Blue doors keep out the evil spirits...you think?

Veggie Fajitas at Vannie and Dave's favorite place to eat in Santa Fe...Marie's 555 West Cordova Road.
 
In the glow of  a New Mexico sunset...
 
Sweet!!
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment: