Sunday, June 8, 2014

THE BIRTHDAY WEEK

By
Gypsy Rhapsody
 
Vannie's birthday was June 4.  That's as much information as she would divulge to me. No year was mentioned...for sure!  She had a great week.  It included peaceful evenings, hard work (never hurt anybody...can make you a little sore, though), eating, friends, and fun.

Hello, Mr. Moon!

Out my back window in the sweet glow of the late afternoon
 
 
Heavenly!
 
Vannie was walking early one morning and spotted these deer on the slopes.
Can you see them?  There are 3.  The ski lift is in the background.

Working Man!

The Back...The Back! 

8 barrels, 5 pots, 2 hanging baskets, 1 flower bed

purchased in Taos

What a team!

 
Ah...break time!
Vannie's birthday...They got the day off.
Headed to Arroya Seco...small little artsy community.
Ate at the Taos Cow restaurant...Yummy!
Dave had the Turkey/Brie Sandwich...
Turkey and brie with mixed greens, honey mustard and a dash of balsamic vinaigrette on a homemade ciabatta (a chewy, crusty Italian bread) roll.
 Vannie had the sautéed portabella sandwich...
Sautéed portabella mushrooms, feta cheese, tomato, mixed greens and balsamic vinaigrette on a ciabatta roll.
V and D said all the veggies tasted like they had just been picked from the garden.
 
It was a great birthday week for Old Vannie...can't believe I said that. 
 I'm no spring chicken myself.
 
 
 
 


 


2 comments:

  1. Vanette, you look like a TEENAGER in that picture where you're holding the garbage bag and David is holding the water jugs! Just glowing with Life. Love you both, and Happy Birthday, birth-week, and a whole new YEAR of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kathryn...I have to admit I didn't feel like a teenager when we finished all that planting. I hurt placed I didn't remember I had. LOL

    ReplyDelete