Friday, June 19, 2015

CARS

By
Gypsy Rhapsody
 
 
Vannie and Dave's grandson, Vincent, is a car fanatic.
He loves to collect them.  He loves to play with them.
He loves to take them places.  He loves everything about them.
He is six years old, but Vannie said that he has been this way
since he was a little bitty tike.
 
Of course, when he was old enough to watch a movie..."Cars", it was.
Would you believe the category that this movie falls into...
"completely-animated comedy-adventure sports film".
It is also the second Pixar film (after A Bug's Life) to have an entirely non-human cast.
 
The Star is Lightning McQueen.
His side-kick is an old tow truck named Mater.
Other characters include Doc Hudson and Sally Carrera. 
 
So why am I going on and on about "Cars"?
...because Vannie and Dave had the time of
their lives looking and (sometimes) touching
the stars of the Red River Car Show several weeks ago.
 
They were thinking about Vincent and wishing that
he could be there with them.  They have played cars with him,
and watched the movie more than once with him.
Hey, I've got a copy of that movie of my very own.
When Vincent sleeps over, he loves to sit in bed, watch the movie,
and eat snacks.  His sister, Maddie, prefers "Nemo", but
she goes along with whatever he wants....most of the time.
 
I'm going to throw in a few "Cars" quotes to go along with these pictures.
 
"You know, some automotive yoga could
really lower your RPM's, Mam."
(Vannie had a VW just like this one when she went to LA Tech.)
 
"You're livin' the dream."

"Boogity, Boogity, Boogity...Let's go racin'."

"Hey! Look at this.  It's my hood!  I ain't seen this thing
in 20 years!  Well, it fits perfectly!  How do I look?"
 

"I thought I'd stop and stay a while. 
I hear this place is back on the map."

"I've got more talent in one lugnut than a lot of cars
have in their whole body."

"I eat losers for breakfast."

"Oh, for the love of Chrysler! Can we please ask
someone for directions?"
 
"Ain't no need to watch where I'm goin',
just need to know where I've been."

"Respect the classics, Man."

"Hey, Big fella!  Yeah, you in the red!
I could use a little hose down."

"I'm a precision instrument of speed and aerodynamics."

"I am in Radiator Springs,
the cutest little town in Carburetor County."
 
"Roads didn't cut through the land like interstate highways.
Roads moved with the land...they rose, fell, and curved.
We didn't drive on them to make great time.
We drove on them to have a great time."

I had to put two pics of this cutie pie.
I could relate to this one most of all.
 
Round and Round we go...
where we stop, nobody knows.
Look closely...V is bending down to take the picture...
Dave is in the background...
There's that blue New Mexico sky glowing.
 
Time for a coke and a snack.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: