Wednesday, November 7, 2012

HALLELUJAH...I'M BACK

Vannie is so happy to see me!
 
Shidoni Foundry...A Casting process called the Lost Wax Bronze process.  V and D saw the actual pouring of the molten bronze in the ceramic shell. The bronze was poured at a temp of 2100 degrees.  Ouch!!!
 
Vannie said that Old Town Albuquerque is so much like New Orleans...in a NM way!
 
Michael and Elaine Conant with D and V...Elaine taught with Vannie in Lafayette.  They went to a wonderful Greek Restaurant, Yani's.  I know it was good, because I could smell the garlic when they came home.
 
I am so glad to be back with Vannie and Dave.  They are just as happy to be back with me, also.  You can see by the picture how super excited Vannie is to see me.
I am feeling in tip-top shape.  My rearend has been lifted.  I have new brakes and new axles.  They even found a small crack that they mended.  I could have showed them others, but they didn’t  ask, so I just kept my mouth shut.
After paying my bill ( almost coughed up a lung when I saw the bill…easy come, easy go), V and D headed to Enchanted Trails RV out on Route 66 in Albuquerque.  We have stayed there before.  Nice place.  We will be here till Saturday.  We were going to head to the Grand Canyon, but the weather is not cooperating, so we are going to regroup.  Probably will head down to southern NM…White Sands, Crane Festival, etc.  The Grand Canyon will have to wait until the weather is better.  Got to be flexible!
While here in Albuquerque, we have visited Shidoni Foundry, Old Town, friends Elaine & Michael Conant, and, of course, Loretta and her buddies….and we haven’t left yet.  More to come.
Just so glad we are all back together…Life is Good!
 
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment