Tuesday, November 27, 2012

SO MANY PLACES...SO LITTLE TIME

Festival of the Cranes
Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, NM
 
Capitan, NM...Home of Smokey the Bear
 
Roswell, NM...Just can't go through without stopping...Really wierd!
 
V and D visiting with old friends, Phillip and Abigale Jowers
 
My 2 princesses...Emilie and Madeline
Fredricksburg, TX
 
T-Pop and Vincent...Buddies!
Fredricksburg, TX
 
Vannie helped Emilie and Vincent decorate their tree.
Austin, TX
 
North Texas Airstream Community
Hillsboro, TX

I can’t believe how time flies when you are having so much fun.  The last time I wrote I was sitting pretty high on my kipukas.  Now I’m sitting on a little hillside in Hillsboro, TX.  It’s not a kipukas, but it is a nice spot.  Lots has happened in-between then and now.  I’ll try to just hit the high spots.

…Festival of the Cranes at the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge in Socorro, NM…this was a neat festival, but these people were getting excited about seeing ducks, much less cranes.  I wonder what they would do if they had a chance to drive down Lake Martin Road in Lafayette when the Roseate Spoonbills were there or see a blue heron fly over and just stand there in the swamp…tall and stately…

…Capitan, NM - Home of Smoky the Bear…Yes, there really was a Smoky!

…Roswell, NM – Just had to make one more stop there – too crazy to pass by

…Artesia, NM – home of Phillip Jowers and his family – V and D knew him in Lafayette…he was just a little boy then – all grown up now – Phillip treated them to a wonderful Mexican restaurant

…Fort Stockton, TX – just an overnighter

…Fredericksburg, TX –Willkommen (German for Welcome) two nights here - had a visit from Emilie, Vincent, and Madeline – Vincent spent the night, and he and V and D climbed Cross Mountain the next day – Vannie and Dave brought home a big honkin’ Apple Strudel from one of the German restaurants – they devoured it in one sitting – did not share one bite with me or Vincent – a bunch of hogs!

…Austin, TX – Lone Star RV on I35 – this is the same place we stayed last summer – felt like home – stayed for a week – so nice to have Vincent sleep over in me – made me feel all warm inside – Madeline got the croup this week and we were all a little worried about her, but she pulled through with flying colors – She is such a little bundle of sweetness.  V and D spent Thanksgiving Day with Emilie and family.  They did bring me a turkey leg back.  Hope I get a bite of it before Vannie digs into it.  She’s gets evil when it comes to turkey legs.

…Hillsboro, Tx – This place feels special….do you know why?  Well, it is just for airstreams…that’s right…just the big silver bullets.  They actually sell spaces here.  This can be like your permanent home.  I don’t think we are ready for that, but we are enjoying the spot.  V and D had a coupon for 2 free nights…right price, so here we are.  Hillsboro is just south of Dallas.  We passed a big outlet mall on the way in, so I can bet your bottom dollar Vannie is going to check it out tomorrow. 

I think that catches us up…Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. Gypsy, your trips sound like so much fun! You take care of our friends, now, ya hear?
    Cindy & Jennings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Thanksgiving was wonderfully quiet after five hectic days at work. What did you think of the light posts that looked like alien faces? I think it even creeped Dad out when we went through there. I hope you take some time to enjoy the Sangre de Cristos mountains. They are absolutely beautiful.

      Miss you two.
      Carole

      Delete