Thursday, November 15, 2012

WAKING UP ON A KIPUKAS


sunrise on my kipukas
 
Look right and you might can see me.  I am right behind that white trailer sitting on my kipukas.  The lava flow is all around us.
 
I can see these lava formations out of my windows.  Amazing.  This was a cave created by the flow.
 
Early morning walk
 
White Sands National Monument
 
"snow" angel
 
I feel the love!
 
A walk on the sand

Good Morning.  Ah-h-h…Waking up on a kipukas is heavenly.  Betcha you don’t know what a kipukas is.  Well, I’ve learn some stuff since I’ve been traveling with Vannie and Dave.  A kipukas is an island among a bunch of lava.  Many moons ago (about 2000 years) Little Black Peak erupted, and there was a major lava flow.  We are parked at the Valley of the Fires RV park in Corrizozo, NM.  The scenery is magnificent, and the weather is cool and crisp.  There is a nature walk down into the lava bed, and I’ve enjoyed watching V and D explore the trail and the lava formations.

About 60 miles south of here on Hwy. 70  is the White Sands Natural Monument.  Vannie and Dave struck out one morning heading that way.  They came back full of stories of blue skies, white sands, “snow” angels, picnic lunch.  The White Sands park is the largest gypsum dunefield in the world. There are gypsum dunefields on Mars and comparison studies are being done.  I was blown over by these stories.  Gosh, Mars…New Mexico…Our God is an awesome God!!!

Excuse me while I just bask in the New Mexico sun on my kipukas!!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment