Monday, June 3, 2013

A LITTLE DAB 'ILL DO YA

 
Oh my goodness...Got to love that guy!
 
Just a little more to the left, please!
 

 
Before
 

After...I simply adore that peaceful blue sky.

                                                                                 
Don't you love my striped walls...and those mattresses are soft and cushiony


You know what they say..."a little makeup goes a long way" or "a little dab 'ill do ya".  Us Girls have to stick together when it comes to sprucing ourselves up.   We want to always look our best, and sometimes as we age (can't believe I just said that word), we have to get a little make-over.

Vannie and Dave decided that I needed just a little perk-up inside.  They visited the Benjamin Moore Paint Store over on Kalise Saloome Road in Lafayette.  They had decided that yellow would be good for the lounge/kitchen area and maybe a little blue on my ceiling.  Of course, there were dozens of shades of each of these colors, but they finally chose the ones that would blend with my personality....sunny and bubbly!  Then they set to work.  Of course, perking up an old gal like me can be quite a task.  My sofa had to be removed...then the blinds and curtains..  Areas had to be covered.  Messy...messy...messy.

After that area was completed, Dave said..."NO MORE...NO MORE!"  Well, you remember what I said about "us girls" have to stick together.  Vannie stepped up for me and said, "Please, Dave, Gypsy really needs those walls behind our beds perked up."  I guess she batted those eyes just enough, because, before you could say "Jack Robinson", he created a wall with yellow and blue stripes behind each bed. Oh My, just beautiful.  Then Vannie talked him into some new mattresses.  She was on a rolled and wanted to "make hay while the sun was shining." 

 It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do.  I feel like a new woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment