Thursday, June 27, 2013

I'M BAD



I'm singin' and dancin' here...Can ya hear me?  Can ya hear me?



out of the front window of my BFF



Notice the reflection in my back window...cool!



Because I’m Bad, I’m Bad…Come On

(Bad, Bad Really, Really Bad)

You know I’m Bad, I’m Bad…You Know It

Just a little Michael Jackson is appropriate here.  I was doing the moon walk and singing all the way through the South Dakota Badlands.  The scenery was  so “bad”.  Literally, the Lakota Native Americans called it makhosica, which means badlands.  The French…les mauvaises terres (badlands).  The Spanish…tierra baldia (waste land).  They were all referring to the dryness and the hardship of traveling through it.  But now there is a beautiful highway through it, so I was doing my dance and singing to the top of my lungs.  All I could think about was the beauty I saw in this “bad” part of our country.  The dark blues to black…the bright clays of yellow and red…the natural formations that looked like castles and kingdoms and fairy lands and stalactites and the moon.

One More Time (gotta picture me doing the Moon Walk)

Because I’m Bad, I’m Bad…Come On

(Bad, Bad Really, Really Bad)

You know I’m Bad, I’m Bad…You Know It

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures--could probably do without Michael! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...Just couldn't resisted sticking that song in there. Gypsy kind of grow up with Michael. Bad was written in the late 80's. Gypsy would have been around 10 years old.

    ReplyDelete