Thursday, June 13, 2013

ON DOWN THE BAYOU

Sarah and Howard Bourque









 

Lee Station Road in New Iberia  was my last stay in Louisiana for a while.  It was such a peaceful place.  I was parked next to a delightful Airstream buddy of mine.  Her owners, Sarah and Howard Bourque, were so nice to let me hang for a few weeks.  Vannie and Dave had a bunch of doctor's appointments to attend to and friends to see.  They were gone everyday from sunup to sundown, so that gave me a lot of time to reflect on special moments.

Every morning Howard would sit on his front porch and drink his coffee and wave to all his friends heading out to work.  I don't drink coffee, but I sure enjoyed those early mornings with Howard.  Quite...peaceful...happy...cool...

Louisiana was where my life started anew.  It will always have a special place in my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment