Sunday, October 7, 2012

107 AIRSTREAMS ALL IN A ROW




 

          I have been in Hog Heaven...maybe I should say Airstream Heaven since Thursday.  We arrived in Albuquerque Thursday evening, and when we drove up into the Enchanted Trails RV Park, I knew Mama had come home.  Airstreams all over the place.  New ones, old ones, shiny ones, big ones, little ones, and, then, of course, cute little old me! 

          Vannie and Dave got up Friday saying how they had slept like a log.  Well, I was just too excited to sleep a wink.  I kept thinking about what was going to happen next.  Vannie told me to relax, but I just couldn’t. 

          We headed out of the Park around 8:30.  V and D made sure I was right behind our good friends from Lafayette...Sarah/Howard Bourque and Marilyn/Jay Keefs.  We headed to Campers World right next door, and then I almost wet my pants.  There were row upon row of Airstreams...shining and glistening like new money.  I just can not explain the excitement I felt.  It was almost overwhelming...had to get my tissue out a couple of times.

          Around 10:00 everyone started revving up their engines.  We pulled out, and V and D had their eyes glued on Sarah/Howard’s Airstream.  Their camper’s name is Helen, and she was born in 1997, so she has a very nice rearend.  Route 66...I40...I25...Alameda Drive...Balloon Fiesta Park...it was a little hairy at times, but we made it all in one piece.  I was doing some serious praying....and the Good Lord came through!

          More about the Fest later...107 Airstreams waiting for the Balloons..Just Too Good To Be True!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment