Saturday, October 20, 2012

EMAIL FROM VANNIE


Petroglyphs...looks like I see a spaceship and an alien...strange

Would you look at that NM sky...awesome...and the yuca plant!
Coronado State Park
 
There she goes...down into the kiva.
 
Just so beautiful...on the road to Jemez Springs, NM
 
North of Albuquerque...on the road to Jemez...
almost doesn't look real
 
Soda Falls...all the kids in the orange vests were on a geological field trip from Minn.
Battleship Rock

The tunnel along Hwy. 4
 
 
 
 
 
I'm still in Albuquerque getting my procedure.  I think it is taking a little longer than they thought it would.  Luke and all the other employees have been so nice "and gentle".  It has really been a little mini vacation.  The food is good and the service is great.  Everyone has such pleasant bedside manners.

I think I'll check my email.  Vannie promised to write about what she and Dave are doing.  Well, lookie here.   I've got something.

Email from Vannie...
Hi, Gypsy...how's it going?  I hope everything is getting taken care of and you are not getting too bored.  Dave and I have been busy.  After we left you in the hands of Luke, we spend about 4 days with Loretta.  She is such a great tour guide.  She took us to so many places.  Right in the middle of Albuquerque are some wonderful petroglyphs.  Loved seeing those.  Always amazes me.
Another interesting spot was the Coronado State Park.  They had reconstructed a Native American Kiva.  It was a room used for religious rituals.  Normally only men can enter the kiva, but in this case all could go in.  We had to enter from the top and climb down a ladder. There were paintings on every wall painted by a Native American artist.  Beautiful...
Another day Loretta drove us down State Hwy. 4 to Jemez Springs, NM....what spectacular sights!
Soda Falls (a water fall where the mineral deposits made amazing formations)...
Battleship Rock (Rock formations that look like a battleship)
Tunnels (tunnel blasted through the mountains for the highway)
Native American Fair (food, crafts, dances...battery ran out in camera, so no pics)
Will write more later...Luv ya and miss ya, Vannie

Gosh, sounds like they are doing fine...seeing a bunch of stuff!  Even though everyone is so wonderful around here, I am missing V and D.  Just 2 more weeks...what's that in my sweet young life...

2 comments:

  1. It's good to see that the two of you are having a good time. I miss you and look forward to your visit in January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Pic's!!! Thanks for sharing. I'll set as a "free time" goal (ha, what's that?) trying some sketches of that neat waterfall. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete