Monday, October 1, 2012

GYPSY PHOTO SHOOT

 Columbine Trail between Red River and Questa
 
 Sangre de Cristo Mountains near Taos
 
 Gypsy in front of the Ranchos de Taos Church
 
back of the Ranchos de Taos Church
 
Gypsy relaxing by the Rio Grande River
 
Such a "Grande" spot
 
the gorge is just over those bushes...it's kind of hard to take a picture of me and the gorge...Vannie said she didn't want to see me dangling over the side...I really didn't think that was funny, at all.
 
 
Head up…look to the right…smile…Gypsy, stop talking…that’s what I heard all day today.  Dave, Vannie, and I were heading to Espanola, and we were having a “Gypsy Photo Shoot” along the way. 

            Dave said before we even started that it was not going to be easy doing a photo shoot with a 31 feet silver bullet….and you know what, he was right.  Just the process of pulling off the road…taking a shoot…and then pulling back on was a feat.  Then there was the time we got on the wrong road, and there was no place to turn around.  You know, it takes a pretty big spot to turn me around.  We drove and drove and finally made a giant circle and came back to the main road.  V and D were thanking the Good Lord for bringing us back to the right place.

            Stopping at the Ranchos de Taos Church was a highlight.  This church is the most photographed church in the United States.  I don’t know who counted the photographs, but I guess someone did.  Anyway, I just loved this spot.  Vannie said that Georgia O’Keeffe (famous American woman artist) did paintings of this church many times.  Ms. O’Keeffe lived near this area.

            Another stop was at the trailhead at the Columbine Trail between Red River and Questa.  V and D had hiked this trail several days ago, and I was so excited to see it.  It has lots of beautiful trees, so it made a perfect place for a photograph.

            The Rio Grande River…it seems so small when I saw it up close and personal.  I guess it is “Grande”, because it is so long.  It was nice and cool beside that river.  I was taking in big gulps of air, until Vannie told me to stop.  She said it would give me the hic-ups.  Guess she know best!

            Beautiful colors…purple, green, brown, gold, tan, gray, blue….these were all the colors of the Rio Grande Gorge.  I could see for miles and miles…and the way that tiny little river had cut into the land was spectacular. 

            Vannie, Dave, and I are all tucked in for the evening in the Cottonwood Campground in Espanola, NM.  It has been a long day, but so successful.   It’s not going to take us long to start sawing some Z’s.

1 comment:

  1. I was ready for a Gypsy update along with photo shoot pics. They were posted just in time!

    ReplyDelete