Sunday, September 30, 2012

ASPENCADE...RED RIVER, NM




       The guide told Vannie there was a butterfly of aspens on this mountain.
      Do you see it?  He said the same butterfly came back every year.

      David standing behind the Red River Trolley. 
             

          ”Thar’s gold in them thar hills”...when I look left...when I look right...the leaves are shinin’ like new money.  Glorious Golden Gold...

Magnificent!

          Vannie and David headed up the mountain to Red River yesterday and today.  The town is having a big celebration honoring the turning of the leaves.  I thought they had seen enough beautiful leaves, but they said...”No way, Gypsy...we just gotta see more.” Vannie said that they took the Red River Trolley for only 2 bucks.  The trolley took them to the best photo op places.

          I’ve enjoyed the ones around Mrs. Gonzales RV park.  Vannie told me that she was bringing me tomorrow to a special spot for a photo shoot.  Now, that should be a hoot...where do I put my lipstick?  After the shoot, we are all saying “good-bye” to Mrs. Gonzales and Tinker and moving on down to Espanola, NM.  We will be hooked up at the Cottonwoods RV Park for about 3 days.  Vannie and Dave are meeting their good friends, Guy Wesley and LaRinda Cagle.  Guy married V and D’s daughter, Emilie, about 4 years ago.  He and LaRinda live in Nassau Bay, TX.  Guy is from Bernice, LA...Vannie’s hometown.  Dave told me to just ready...there will be a bunch of laughing going on.

          See ya later...got to get my beauty rest for the photo shoot tomorrow.

Vannie made a lot of more leaf pictures...hope you enjoyed them.  Seems to me, if you’ve seen one leaf, you’ve seen them all.  But obviously that’s not the case!

(ps...Dave’s eye appointment went great last week.  He got the stitches out and will be able to get new glasses in about a month.  He is already seeing much better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment