Monday, September 3, 2012

GYPSY DOESN'T DO CAVES


                                           Vannie and Dave in Carlsbad Caverns, NM
 
 
                          FYI....there were no colored lights in the caves...the shadows, etc. make it look like blues and greens and orange...really neat!
                                                     The Infamous Cavers
 

            No, no way, don’t think so, …I don’t do caves.  They want let me in anyway, so there.

It is out of the question.  Can you see my big butt trying to get around those formations.  The rangers would be hollowing at me all the time.  Don’t touch this…don’t touch that…just not worth it….but Vannie and David loved it.  This is how they told me about their experience.

Vannie:  Gypsy, you just shoulda been there.  The formations, the big spaces, the darkness, the quietness, the tiny drops of water falling on you, the really cute volunteer “cavers” doing their thing to preserve the cave.

Dave:  Wait…wait…wait…I think I missed the part about the cavers.  I didn’t see them.

Vannie:  Remember Dave…you took the short cut back up to the top and I decided to take the longer route.  That’s where I saw the cute cavers.

Gypsy:  Hey, I thought this discussion was supposed to be caves…not cavers.

Vannie:  Oh, yeah, well, let me just show you the pictures…speleothems all over the place.

Gypsy:  Speleothems? 

Vannie:  You know…cave formations

Dave:  Yeah, let’s get back to the formations

No comments:

Post a Comment