Saturday, September 22, 2012

FIRST YOU MAKE A ROUX

slicing the sausage for the gumbo
 
V and D with Jennings and Cindy Hamilton

Can you smell it?  Um-m-m-m good!  Sure wish this blog was a “scratch and sniff”.  With the way technology is going, I am sure we will have that soon.  You’ll just have to believe me...the smell from Vannie's gumbo is out-of-this-world. The roux, the trinity (onions, garlic, celery), the chicken, the sausage...bring it on, baby!

          V and D’s friends, Jennings and Cindy Hamilton from Bloomfield, are coming by for a visit.  I can’t wait to meet them. They have been visiting their daughter and her family in Colorado Springs. It’s, also, Jennings’ birthday.  I think I see Vannie taking out the raspberries...raspberry shortcake, anyone! 

This combination is a perfect setting for a good time....old friends, gumbo, cool mountain air, birthday, dessert. Move over, Martha Stewart!

I just want to hug myself!

         

No comments:

Post a Comment