Tuesday, September 11, 2012

THE CALL TO REMEMBER

 
 
Hats R Us...Christian Women's Conference in Bloomfield..that's Cindy in the front
 
road outside of Pagosa on the way to Grace and Richards
 
waterfall V and D hiked to
 
Big Blue, Richard, David
 
sweet cousin, Katheryn, principal of Creststone Charter School
 
multi-purpose room
 
back of school...windowed doors from multi-purpose room...upsides high schol...looking at middle school area...taking pic from elem. school area...87 students total
 
 

Gypsy:  Ring..Ring...Hello...You are breakin’ up.  Hello..Oh, Vannie, I can

hear you now.   I been doing some serious relaxing while you guys have

been gone.  Things are good around here.  Very quite.  OK, enough about me.  What have you been up to?

Vannie:  Oh, Gypsy, I’m so glad our reception is better.  I have so much to

tell you.

Gypsy:  Well, let her rip, Girl.  I’m all ears!

Vannie:  OK...As you know, we left you last Friday and headed toward

 Bloomfield, NM.  Dave and I have old friends that live there, Jennings and Cindy Hamilton.  Jennings is the pastor of Bloomfield Baptist Church and Cindy is retired.  Cindy, along with several other ladies, had coordinated a wonderful women’s conference called Tapestries for Life.  The conference was Friday evening and Saturday morning.  The speakers were fantastic and

 it was so nice to fellowship with a bunch of Christian ladies.  The overall theme was “Hats R Us”, so all the ladies wore hats.  So much fun!

Gypsy:  I had a hat once, but I think a squirrel ate it.  Go on, Girl!

Vannie:  After the conference on Saturday, we headed for Pagosa Springs,

 CO.  Our friends, Grace and Richard Qualls, live about 18 miles outside of Pagosa up in the mountains along a long winding dirt road call Piedra Road. I taught with Grace at Broadmoor Elem. in Lafayette.  They live in Pagosa from May to October and then they go back to Lafayette for the winter.  They were fabulous hosts.  We had great meals and long fun visits.  They have a 4-wheeler that is called Big Blue.

Gypsy:  I’m so glad you don’t call me Big Silver.

Vannie:  Oh, Gypsy, I would never do that...well, anyway, the 4-wheeler

was a huge hit. They rode us up to the beginning of a trail leading to a waterfall.  We walked about ½ mile to the falls.  The trail got a little narrow in places, but I hugged the side next to the mountain and tried not to look down too much.

Gypsy:  I could use a big hug.  Can’t wait until you get back.

Vannie:   Won’t be long, Girl. One more thing about the visit with Grace...

They took us by a tree with bear claws going up the trunk. Amazing...

 Gypsy:  Amazing Grace...How sweet the sound...that saved a...

 Vannie:  You are cutting out...did I hear you singing?  Now I hear you...

 Gypsy:  Do you want me to keep singing?

 Vannie:  Nope...got to much to tell you and I want to say all I want to say

 before the phone goes out again.  Now, listen up...

 Gypsy:  I’ve got nothing better to do.

 Vannie:  Said “adieus” to Grace and Richard and headed to Creststone, CO

to tour a new charter school.  My cousin, Kathryn Green Brady, had a dream for this school and we wanted to see the finished product. 

 Gypsy:  Do I have to remember my times tables for this story?

 Vannie:  Hush, Gypsy...just listen...I don’t think they even teach times tables

anymore.  So...We made it to Creststone a little earlier than we thought.  We stopped by the Treasure Cloud Tea Room and had a delightful cup of tea at the foot of the Sangre de Christos Mts. Wow!  The school...unbelievable...Kathryn’s first words were...”It’s a God thing.”  As we toured we were constantly reminded of that sentence.  Creative teachers, small classrooms, colorful walls, open spaces, solar power, free dress, smiling happy teachers and children...I could go on and on, Gypsy.  My heart is overflowing.

Gypsy:  I love the place sight unseen.  Happy is my middle name...Gypsy Happy Rhap....

Vannie:  You are cuttin’ out again...I’ll be home soon...

               

2 comments:

  1. So good seeing you! Thanks for sharing the Dream!!! You live it so deeply in all your good works and your joy for Life. See you again this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only Mrs. Vanette would have a talk with het airstream. Thanks for the smile.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete