Monday, September 24, 2012

YELLOW...GOLD...ORANGE...RED



the white-knuckle road
 
...and only God can make a tree
 
a babbling brook
 
one little beautiful aspen leaf
 
V and D taking a rest
 
a fairy land
 
 
 
 
 
 
          The mountains are on fire.  The world has turned upside down.  It’s magnificence.  All of this beauty reflects in my body.  My shiny body feels the warmth of these colors. 

          It’s Fall...Autumn...however you want to say it...and it’s beautiful.

          David and Vannie went for a ride up in the mountains between Questa and Red River.  I had to stay behind, of course.  Just too narrow for me.

Vannie said she was gripping the wheel and hugging the mountain side of the road almost the whole way.  She said it was a white knuckle experience. Lots of glorious fall colors, though....so it was worth it.

          Today they went on a hike down the Columbine Trail between Questa and Red River.  More beautiful colors.  They hiked in about 2 miles up about 9,000 feet above sea level.  I remember Lafayette is about 30 feet...no wonder they came back and collapsed in me.  I thought I was going to have to get out the oxygen tanks.

          God’s paint brush has been working overtime...and we’re enjoying the heck out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment