Friday, September 7, 2012

COOL MOUNTAIN AIR



The Fisherman
 
Making banana bread
 
Emerald Lake
 
 

          OK...I’m getting relaxed...finally!  Vannie and David pulled me into my special spot in the Gonzalez RV Park in Questa, NM about 8:00 pm on Friday, September 07, 2012.  It was dark  and Dave was trying to  back me into my place.  You know...I’m not an ity bity thing, and he was having a hard time in the dark.  Well...all of a sudden two couples came running out asking if they could help.  You could see the smile on my face, because I could feel D and V’s nerves...they were shot!  They helped a bunch, but I still was not in my spot...and then, all of a sudden, again...Mrs. Gonzalez’s grandson (who is a truck driver) came out and asked if he could help.  He got behind the wheel of my BFF and zoom...I was perfectly parked.  Amazing!  Everyone cheered...and I could see the stars in the heavens, so I knew all of this was in God’s plan.  Hallelujah!..

          It was been about 50 degrees in the morning with a high of 78.  Makes you want to slap ya pappy!  Feels good...r-e-a-l good!  The two couples that helped park me are from Texas.  They own timeshares in the Caribel Condos in Red River, NM.  V and D also own there.  Red River is right up the mountain from Questa...about 12 miles.  Robert and Sheila...Bob and Jean...seemed like they are a part of our family.  Robert had a bunch of fishing stuff, so he took Dave fishing.  Now, from what I’ve heard, Dave is not a fisherman...but he had a really good time.  By the time Robert, Bob, and Dave caught some fish, there was enough for a fish fry.  It is a shame I couldn’t eat some.  I could hear them smacking their lips and saying, “um-m-m- good” a bunch of times.  Vannie had made a batch of banana bread to bring to the fish fry.  The baking of that bread in my oven smelled F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S...

          There is a beautiful lake in walking distance from me.  D and V enjoy walking around the lake in the morning and then coming back and doing their TRX suspension training.  They had learned about TRX from Anytime Fitness, but there is no Anytime Fitness around the area, so Dave ordered some straps online.  Sometimes I think they are going to roll me over, but I dig my wheels into the dirt and hold on tight.  It works.  Don’t have a pic of this yet, but will...maybe even a video.  Will be a must see!

          The internet is very slow in Questa, but Vannie is trying to work it out for me to tell my story.  She takes her computer with her and I just dictate what I want her to say.  Works for us...but some of my stories might not be the exact day it occurs, because of that problem.

          V and D are going to Bloomfield, NM...Pegosa Springs, CO...and Creststone, CO.  this weekend.  I’m staying put...Thank the Good Lord, but I am sure we’ll be up till midnight when they get back talking about all the stuff they saw and did.

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your stories. You paint a word picture. The temperatures sound wonderful. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete