Tuesday, October 9, 2012

UP UP AND AWAY

Balloonists wa-na-bee's!

Evening Glow

Vannie, Sarah, Howard, Jay, Marilyn, Dave...all from Lafayette
They were visiting the Tinker Museum on Sandia Mountain inbetween seeing the balloons.


Right outside my window
 

Helen, Jean, Loretta, Linda, Vannie, Dave
They were at the Balloon Bunch at Helen's house.

I loved this one...looks like the little bee balloons are cheering on the fire hydrant balloon.
 
 
Dave, Vannie, Tom, and Sara...Eating at The Range
 
 
A Sight to Behold



 
          The Fifth Dimensions would be singing their lungs out if they were at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta.  I’m not even sure the Fifth Dimensions are still alive, but they would love it here.

          “Up, Up and away in my beautiful balloon”...can you hear me...can you hear me...I’m singing my heart out.

          I am parked in a VIP location with all my other buddies in our Airstream group.  We even got right next to our Lafayette friends...Sarah/Howard Bourque and Marilyn/Jay Keefs.  Every morning I’ve opened my eyes to the most beautiful sight...over 700 balloons firing up and taking off.  They are right in front of the Sandias Mountains.  It is breathtaking.

          Vannie and David have gone onto the grounds to see the balloons ascend each morning bright and early.  Some mornings I’ve had to start my singing to get them out of bed. 

          One morning they were invited to a Balloon Bunch at Helen’s house.  Helen is a friend of Loretta’s.  Remember Loretta...I met her a weeks ago in Albuquerque when V and D came through on their way to Questa.  I kind of was a little sad I couldn’t go to the bunch, but got over it rather quickly with all the tourist around ooing and ahhing over me.  It just seems like Airstreams attract people like flies.  Of course, I love all the attention.

          The Airstream right next to me was from Massachusetts (thank the Lord for spell check).  She was a honey.  I sure enjoyed her company.  She told me all about her home state and invited us to come for a visit.  I told her I would pass the word to V and D, and for her to not be surprised if we showed up one day.  Her owners were Tom Early and Sara Barss.  Super nice folks.  V and D went out to eat with them last night.  Vannie came home raving about the food.  She said they went to a place called “The Range”...as in oven. 

          Another surprise that sent me into a quiver was seeing Linda Orr and her sister Jean from Lafayette.  They are Loretta’s sister-in-laws and had come for a visit.  Five ladies were at my door this morning at 5:30.  V and D barely had their pants on.  I was awake and ready for guests.  They came in for a visit and a cup of coffee, and they then were off to the Fiesta. 

          This is our last day here at the Fiesta site.  V and D will be moving me to Loretta’s house for a few days.  It has been great.

          “Up, up and away, my beautiful balloon”...just had to get in one more song. 

           

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god these are so wonderfull. You guys are the best. Makes me smile. love you guys so much. Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ash...love when someone comments right on the blog...the Balloon Fest has been unbelieveable. Every sight is just spectacular. We have loved how everyone can go on the field and be up close and personal with the balloon teams...no baracades at all...balloons, baskets, gas burners, fire...stuffed on the field plus all the crazy sightseers...amazing
      Luv ya...

      Delete
  2. Isn't it amazing to go halfaway across the country and see people from your hometown. When I went to Pennsylvania in 1999, I met a couple that was originally from Lafayette and even went to the same church I was attending at the time.

    See ya
    Carole

    ReplyDelete